1. Spring and Java
Looks like Pattern Matching is getting out of Preview for JDK 21. Exciting!
>> Docker Compose Support in Spring Boot 3.1 [spring.io]
Spring Boot now features a next-level Docker autoconfiguration.
Feels like much safer and configurable thread locals. Cool beans.
Also worth reading:
- >> How to fetch multiple to-many relationships with jOOQ MULTISET [vladmihalcea.com]
- >> Improved Testcontainers Support in Spring Boot 3.1 [spring.io]
- >> Spring Data Query By Example [vladmihalcea.com]
- >> How to Upgrade to Jakarta EE 10 and GlassFish 7: It’s Much Easier Than You Think! [foojay.io]
- >> Using Spring for GraphQL with Spring Data Neo4j [spring.io]
- >> Seven Reasons You Should Not Ignore Flaky Tests [gradle.com]
Webinars and presentations:
- >> A Bootiful Podcast: Micrometer lead Tommy Ludwig [spring.io]
- >> Foojay Podcast 26: The Future of Source Control and CI/CD [foojay.io]
- >> Java 21 – The Other Side – Inside Java Newscast #51 [inside.java]
Time to upgrade:
- >> Spring Boot 2.7.13 available now [spring.io]
- >> Spring Boot 3.0.8 available now [spring.io] and >> Spring Boot 3.1.1 available now [spring.io]
- >> Hibernate Search 6.2.0.CR1 released [in.relation.to]
- >> Eclipse Vert.x 4.4.4 Released [eclipse.org]
- >> Apache Maven 3.9.3 Released [apache.org]
- >> Micronaut Framework 3.9.4 Released [micronaut.io]
- >> Apache camel-3.21.0 Released [apache.org]
2. Technical & Musings
>> Removability over Maintainability [event-driven.io]
While you’re still looking for product-market fit, you might want to architect for removability first.
>> Why I prefer trunk-based development [foojay.io]
And how trunk-based development can increase the delivery speed significantly if your team has enough discipline.
Also worth reading:
- >> Building Custom Solutions vs. Buy-and-Build Software [foojay.io]
- >> Sticky sessions with Apache APISIX [blog.frankel.ch]
- >> My Top Ten Tips for Peer Review [blog.scottlogic.com]
- >> AI Assistant in JetBrains IDEs [blog.jetbrains.com]
- >> Microsoft Azure Event Grid MQTT Protocol Support and Pull Message Delivery Are Now in Public Preview [infoq.com]
- >> Quality Outreach Heads-up – On The Importance of Testing With Early-Access Build [inside.java]
3. Pick of the Week
An interesting resource to potentially make use of:
>> Tech Independence [sive.rs]