1. Spring and Java
>> Gathering the Streams [inside.java]
Missing intermediate operations in the Stream API, and how to use an extensible operation to bridge the gap.
A practical example of how to query information with a natural language interface. Interesting.
And Java 21 will be shipped with the final release of pattern matching: a significant leap from the traditional switch statements and expressions. Very cool.
Also worth reading:
- >> Garbage Collection and P99 Latency [javaspecialists.eu]
- >> Reactive Programming Made Easy [blog.jetbrains.com]
- >> Time Machine: A Look-Back at Java Sessions from NODES 2022 [foojay.io]
- >> How to Generate Package Private Code with jOOQ’s Code Generator [blog.jooq.org]
- >> OpenJDK Project CRaC Cracks Mainstream Adoption [infoq.com]
- >> Dynamic Entity Graphs in Spring Data JPA [jpa-buddy.com]
Webinars and presentations:
- >> A Bootiful Podcast: Elastic’s Philipp Krenn [spring.io]
- >> Using Maven Efficiently [blog.sebastian-daschner.com]
- >> What’s New in JDK 20? [inside.java]
Time to upgrade:
- >> Spring Shell 2.1.11, 3.0.6 and 3.1.2 are now available [spring.io]
- >> Spring Cloud 2021.0.8 (aka Jubilee) Is Available [spring.io]
- >> Hibernate ORM 6.2.6.Final released [in.relation.to]
- >> Hibernate Reactive 2.0.2.Final released [in.relation.to]
- >> Quarkus 3.1.3.Final Released [quarkus.io]
- >> Elasticsearch 8.8.2 Released [elastic.co]
- >> Apache camel-4.0.0-RC1 Released [apache.org]
2. Technical & Musings
Some lessons and patterns learned in building an LLM-powered generative application.
>> We have left the cloud [world.hey.com]
Significant cost savings by leaving the cloud! or how they migrated seven applications out of the Cloud in just six months.
Also worth reading:
- >> Sticky sessions with Apache APISIX [blog.frankel.ch]
- >> How Gradle cut AWS storage costs by 75% using S3 [gradle.com]
- >> A few words on taking notes [allthingsdistributed.com]
- >> How to provide information about the backend environment to frontend clients [advancedweb.hu]
- >> How to Optimise CPU Performance Through Isolation and System Tuning [foojay.io]
- >> The Curious Case of Different Runtimes [foojay.io]
- >> The Art of Writing Clean Code: A Key to Maintainable Software [reflectoring.io]
- >> Working on An Unfamiliar Codebase [foojay.io]
- >> Follow the money to get a better design [event-driven.io]
- >> Seven Reasons You Should Not Ignore Flaky Tests [foojay.io]
3. Pick of the Week
>> Maker’s Schedule, Manager’s Schedule [paulgraham.com]