1. Spring and Java
>> Tuning Java Applications for Low Latency on Linux [foojay.io]
It turns out that “write once, run everywhere” makes things complicated when fighting for the best performance.
>> Java Gets a Boost with the Record Pattern, Enabling More Expressive Coding [infoq.com]
Looks like Records are finally going out of Preview in JDK21.
>> Quality Outreach Heads-up – JDK 21: Sequenced Collections Incompatibilities [inside.java]
It's incredible how such a trivial addition to a language can cause so much potential trouble.
Also worth reading:
- >> A Dissection of Java JDBC to PostgreSQL Connections [foojay.io]
- >> Announcing Graal Cloud Native [blogs.oracle.com]
- >> Holly Cummins at Devoxx UK: How Would the Business Benefit from Your Greener Java Application? [infoq.com]
- >> Josh Long at Devoxx UK: Showcasing Bootiful Spring 6 and Spring Boot 3 [infoq.com]
- >> Announcing “Java Unscripted: An Asynchronous Exploration of Excellence” [foojay.io]
- >> How To Consume and Return Data In YAML In Jakarta REST [payara.fish]
- >> Using Pact and Quarkus to Tame Microservices Testing [quarkus.io]
- >> Reduce Java Application Startup and Warmup Times with CRaC [foojay.io]
Webinars and presentations:
- >> A Bootiful Podcast: James Ward, Kotlin Product Manager at Google [spring.io]
- >> Persistence With Quarkus Panache [blog.sebastian-daschner.com]
- >> Foojay Podcast #22: When Profession and Fun Overlap [foojay.io]
- >> JFR: Java's Observability & Monitoring Framework – Stack Walker #2 [inside.java]
Time to upgrade:
- >> Spring Framework 6.0.9 available now [spring.io]
- >> Spring Data Service Release 2022.0.6 & 2021.2.12 released [spring.io]
- >> Spring Data 2023.0 goes GA [spring.io]
- >> Spring LDAP 3.1.0 released [spring.io]
- >> Spring Security 6.1 is now GA [spring.io]
- >> Eclipse Vert.x 3.9.16 Released [eclipse.org]
- >> Eclipse Vert.x 4.4.2 Released [eclipse.org]
- >> Apache Maven 3.9.2 Released [apache.org]
- >> Spring for GraphQL 1.1.4 released [spring.io]
2. Technical & Musings
>> Working on an unfamiliar codebase [blog.frankel.ch]
Before jumping into code… draw the diagram first to understand the codebase!
>> Managing Data Residency: Concepts & Theory [foojay.io]
Data location becomes a crucial non-functional requirement – we better start thinking about it.
Also worth reading:
- >> How to talk to your knowledge base? [abdullin.com]
3. Pick of the Week
>> Low Code Software Development Is A Lie [jaylittle.com]