1. Spring and Java
>> JDK Mission Control 8 Released [infoq.com]
The new version of JMC gives us even more insights from running JVM applications.
Yeah, Microsoft and OpenJDK – an interesting interview about the different aspects of this significant release.
>> Looking into the JDK 16 vector API [mscharhag.com]
More computations in a single CPU cycle – an overview of the new incubating Vector API in Java language.
Also worth reading:
- >> Your own custom Spring Data repository [blog.frankel.ch]
- >> Spring RESTBucks in 2021 [odrotbohm.de]
- >> JHipster 7.0: Java Application Generator Stretches Beyond Spring Boot Roots [infoq.com]
- >> JReleaser says hello! [andresalmiray.com]
- >> GlassFish now runs on JDK 16! [arjan-tijms.omnifaces.org]
- >> Resolving Maven Dependency Conflicts with a Bill of Materials (BOM) [reflectoring.io]
Webinars and presentations:
- >> Episode 16 “Let's Discuss JDK and Networking” with Michael McMahon and Daniel Fuchs [inside.java]
- >> Starting Fast: Investigating Java's Static Compilation Landscape [infoq.com]
- >> A Bootiful Podcast: Ambassador Labs devrel director, InfoQ contributor, lifelong learner, and awesome human, and friend Daniel Bryant [spring.io]
- >> Tips for using IntelliJ IDEA effectively (Video) [blog.sebastian-daschner.com]
Time to upgrade:
- >> Spring Data 2021.0 goes GA [spring.io]
- >> Spring Framework 5.3.6 and 5.2.14 available now [spring.io]
- >> Spring Security 5.2.10, 5.3.9, and 5.4.6 released [spring.io]
- >> Spring Integration 5.5 RC1, 5.4.6 & 5.3.7 Available [spring.io]
- >> Spring Security 5.5.0-RC1 released [spring.io]
- >> Hibernate Search 6.0.3.Final released [in.relation.to]
- >> Introducing Spring Cloud Square [spring.io]
- >> Quarkus 1.11 Introduces State Preserving Reload in Development Mode [infoq.com]
2. Technical & Musings
>> Kubernetes 1.21: CronJob Reaches GA [kubernetes.io]
Scheduling jobs on K8S clusters – the CronJob resource goes GA with improved performance.
>> Don’t hire top talent; hire for weaknesses. [benjiweber.co.uk]
Weakness-oriented hiring – instead of hiring top-talent, let's find someone to strengthen our weaknesses. Very interesting, I need to read this one again.
Also worth reading:
- >> Introducing Suspended Jobs [kubernetes.io]
- >> SQL Server JDBC – Set sendStringParametersAsUnicode to false [vladmihalcea.com]
- >> List of Open Source Security Tools [techblog.bozho.net]
- >> Starting out… remotely [blog.scottlogic.com]
And my favorite Dilberts of the week:
>> Pretending To Listen [dilbert.com]
>> Zoom Team Building [dilbert.com]
>> Boss Needs To Be Dumber [dilbert.com]
4. Pick of the Week
Always having security in mind while coding is, well, both critical and definitely not easy.
If you're using IntelliJ, Snyk’s security-focused plugin analyzes your code for vulnerabilities and provides fix advice:
Oh, and yeah, it's free.