The Java Weekly Email Newsletter
You’ll notice that a post with an associated Partner will look like this: example.
The Full / Targeted Emails
While in a Java Weekly email, the Partner message will share the focus with the newsletter, a Full or Targeted send is dedicated only to the Partner.
The only difference between these two types of emails is – the Full send goes out to the full list, while the Targeted email will go out to about 40% to 60% of the list.
We do that by will layering in targeting.
The goal is to make sure we send the email to people who are quite interested in that particular topic. More on targeting later here.
These emails go out once a week at most, either on Tuesday or Thursday.
Targeting on Emails
Audience Sizes and Expected Results
- The Java Weekly Email
- the email is sent out to about ~70K subscribers
- and will get around 700+ clicks
- The Full Email
- the email is sent out to the full list (130K)
- and will get about 1800+ clicks
- The Targeted Email
- the email is sent out to a targeted segment of the full list (usually about 40-60K)
- and will get about 1300+ clicks
The Report – How we track send metrics
We send out the metrics of email send to the Partner through email. The results are composed of:
- number of subscribers that opened the email
- number of subscribers that clicked the link in the email
- number of subscribers who are tagged in the email
- Java Weekly – the budget of the Java Weekly send is $1500
- Full/Dedicated Send – the budget of a full send is between $3000 and $4000, depending on the targeting we use
All our email-focused campaigns are structured around multiple sends – these always perform better with multiple exposures.