1. Spring and Java
A demonstration of developing a pseudo-code decompiler for optimized Java code and how it helps you understand JIT internals.
>> What the Heck Is Project Loom for Java? [foojay.io]
A bit of history on concurrency in Java and how project Loom will change how we develop high-throughput concurrent applications.
>> The Second Best Way to Fetch a Spring Data JPA DTO Projection [blog.jooq.org]
And how to use the multiset value constructor and aggregate functions to map the database entities to DTOs in jOOQ. Good stuff.
Also worth reading:
- >> Introducing the new Redis API – How to cache with Redis? [quarkus.io]
- >> Skaffold for Local Java App Development [java-allandsundry.com]
- >> Microsoft is committed to the success of Java developers [spring.io]
Webinars and presentations:
- >> String Templates, JavaFX 19, Deserialization, and more at JavaOne – Inside Java Newscast #32 [inside.java]
- >> #206 Java 19: Millions of Threads in No Time [airhacks.fm]
- >> A Bootiful Podcast: Dr. Kris De Volder on Spring Tools, VS Code, and so much more [spring.io]
Time to upgrade:
- >> Hibernate ORM 5.6.11.Final released [in.relation.to]
- >> Micronaut Framework 3.6.2 Released! [micronaut.io]
- >> Quarkus 2.12.0.Final released [quarkus.io]
- >> Pi4J V2.2.0 Released [foojay.io]
- >> Netflix Conductor v3.11.1 [github.com/Netflix]
- >> Apache Camel 3.18.2 [github.com/apache]
- >> Elasticsearch version 8.4.1 [elastic.co]
- >> JHipster release v7.9.3 [jhipster.tech]
2. Technical & Musings
>> Request Batch [martinfowler.com]
Combining multiple requests to optimally utilize the network capacity to handle them, to increase throughput.
Meet Container Object Storage Interface: a standard for provisioning and consuming object storage in Kubernetes 1.25.
Also worth reading:
- >> A quick glance at the Kubernetes Gateway API [blog.frankel.ch]
- >> Why Reactive Streams are the SECRET to CUTTING your monthly cloud bill! [springbootlearning.medium.com]
- >> Kubernetes’s IPTables Chains Are Not API [kubernetes.io]
- >> Migrating Monoliths to Microservices in Practice [foojay.io]
- >> A Distributed System is Knowable: an Impossible Thing for Developers [infoq.com]
- >> Tips for Remote Work [blog.code-cop.org]
And my favorite Dilberts of the week:
>> Doing The Impossible [dilbert.com]
>> Dogbert Consulting Renames [dilbert.com]
>> Absurd Absolute Guy [dilbert.com]
4. Pick of the Week
vFunction has finally released the cloud-hosted version of their technical debt platform:
You can register here directly, download the tool, set it up with your project, and quickly get to the point with what your technical debt looks like.