1. Spring and Java
A little background about var in Java, what it entails, its subtleties, and the best practices – by Brian Goetz and Stuart Marks.
>> JShell the Java REPL – Sip of Java [inside.java]
A useful crash course on how to interactively test simple Java snippets using Jshell: REPL style development!
>> Announcing GraalVM Enterprise in Oracle Cloud Infrastructure DevOps [blogs.oracle.com]
Let's use GraalVM Enterprise directly in Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) DevOps build pipelines to build high-performance Java applications.
Also worth reading:
- >> Mitigate the relocation degradations for cache locality improvement algorithm [inside.java]
- >> Flyway – Implementing Java-based Migrations and Callbacks [thorben-janssen.com]
- >> Create Dynamic Views with jOOQ 3.17’s new Virtual Client Side Computed Columns [blog.jooq.org]
- >> Securing Jakarta Enterprise Beans with mutual TLS authentication [wildfly-security.github.io]
Webinars and presentations:
- >> Launching 10 million virtual threads with Loom – JEP Café #12 [inside.java]
- >> HotSpot Deep Dive – Safepoint [inside.java]
- >> A Bootiful Podcast: Kubernetes contributor and fellow Tanzu Developer Advocate Leigh Capili [spring.io]
- >> Gradle Tutorial – Crash Course [youtube.com]
Time to upgrade:
- >> Spring Shell 2.1.0-RC1 is now available [spring.io]
- >> Hibernate ORM 5.6.10.Final released [in.relation.to]
- >> Spring for Apache Kafka 2.9 Release Candidate Available [spring.io]
- >> Quarkus 2.10.2.Final released – Maintenance release [quarkus.io]
- >> Netflix Conductor v3.10.0 [github.com/Netflix]
2. Technical & Musings
>> Secure your web apps with an API Gateway [blog.frankel.ch]
The correct HTTP response headers can go a long way toward making your web app more secure: let's see how!
>> Tame the multi-cloud beast with Crossplane: Let’s start with AWS S3 [blog.codecentric.de]
Meet Crossplane: a new infrastructure-as-a-code tool, the cloud-native way of doing GitOps!
Also worth reading:
- >> Learning by auditing Kubernetes manifests [blog.frankel.ch]
- >> GraphQL business error responses revisited [blog.codecentric.de]
- >> Revert to Source [martinfowler.com]
- >> The surprising properties of DynamoDB pagination [advancedweb.hu]
And my favorite Dilberts of the week:
>> Npc Discusses Inflation [dilbert.com]
>> Layoffs Of Ten Percent [dilbert.com]
>> Zoomers Ignored [dilbert.com]
4. Pick of the Week
Finally, an interesting read about a monster attack:
>> Cloudflare mitigates 26 million request per second DDoS attack [cloudflare.com]