1. Spring and Java
>> The Arrival of Java 17 [inside.java]
Java 17, a new LTS version, is now available – sealed classes, pattern matching, enhanced random numbers, vectorization, foreign memory access, and more!
>> Moving Java Forward Even Faster [mreinhold.org]
Ship an LTS release every two years – Mark Reinhold, Java chief architect proposes to have more LTS versions of Java to increase the adoption rate.
>> JPA Bulk Update and Delete with Blaze Persistence [vladmihalcea.com]
Increasing the throughput and reducing network round-trips by using bulk updates and deletes in the Blaze persistence framework.
Also worth reading:
- >> JDK 17 Security Enhancements [seanjmullan.org]
- >> Spring Data JDBC – How to use custom ID generation [spring.io]
- >> What Modules Are About [inside.java]
- >> Annotation-free Spring [blog.frankel.ch]
- >> Java 17, the Next Long-Term Support Release, is Now Available [infoq.com]
- >> Efficient Parsing of Reactive Buffer Streams [spring.io]
- >> How to use QueryDSL with Hibernate [thorben-janssen.com]
- >> JEP 417: Vector API (Third Incubator) [openjdk.java.net]
Webinars and presentations:
- >> Episode 19 “Java 17 is Here! Part 1” [inside.java]
- >> Faster LTS and free JDK with Java 17 – Inside Java Newscast #12 [inside.java]
- >> The Packaging Tool aka `jpackage` – JEP Café #4 [inside.java]
- >> A Bootiful Podcast: Spring Security Engineer Josh Cummings [spring.io]
Time to upgrade:
- >> Hibernate: all systems go for Java 17 [in.relation.to]
- >> Hibernate Search 6.1.0.Alpha1 is out, now with asynchronous, distributed automatic indexing! [in.relation.to]
2. Technical and Musings
>> The Show Must Go On: Securing Netflix Studios At Scale [netflixtechblog.com]
Staying secure while delivering more and more features: how Netflix leverages the API Gateway to be secure and productive.
>> Exploring 120 years of timezones [blog.scottlogic.com]
Timezones can be more exotic than what we might think: analyzing different patterns in a constant state of flux of timezone rules.
Also worth reading:
- >> SQL CROSS APPLY – A Beginner’s Guide [vladmihalcea.com]
- >> How to use the refresh token with Cognito [advancedweb.hu]
- >> Ship / Show / Ask [martinfowler.com]
- >> Read Intentionally [reflectoring.io]
And my favorite Dilberts of the week:
>> Know Why We Are Here [dilbert.com]
>> What Carol Likes Most [dilbert.com]
>> Rotting In A Meeting [dilbert.com]
5. Pick of the Week
>> Subtract [sive.rs]