1. Spring and Java
>> Taming Resource Scopes [inside.java]
Exploring different approaches to make the Foreign Memory Access/Linker API safer – an interesting glimpse on the future of natives in Java!
>> Spring Microservices Security Best Practices [piotrminkowski.com]
Recipes for building secure Microservices with Spring Boot and Spring Security – concise and yet practical!
>> The Road to Quarkus 2.0: Continuous Testing [infoq.com]
A cool interview with Stuart Douglas on continuous testing in Quarkus 2.0: the motivation, benefits, limitations, and many more!
Also worth reading:
- >> Sending HTTP requests with Spring WebClient [reflectoring.io]
- >> Use Hibernate Dynamic Update for JSON properties [vladmihalcea.com]
- >> Testing with Spring Boot's @TestConfiguration Annotation [reflectoring.io]
- >> OpenJDK Discusses Post-SecurityManager Practices [infoq.com]
- >> Providing useful API error messages with Spring Boot [mscharhag.com]
Webinars and presentations:
- >> Java’s Project Loom, Virtual Threads and Structured Concurrency with Ron Pressler [infoq.com]
- >> Serverless Search for My Blog with Java, Quarkus & AWS Lambda [infoq.com]
- >> A Bootiful Podcast: Micrometer-lead Tommy Ludwig [spring.io]
Time to upgrade:
- >> Hibernate ORM 5.5.0.Final released [in.relation.to]
- >> Spring Cloud 2020.0.3 (aka Ilford) Is Available [spring.io]
- >> Hibernate Reactive 1.0.0.CR6 released [in.relation.to]
- >> JReleaser 0.4.0 has been released! [andresalmiray.com]
2. Technical & Musings
>> Amazon Timestream – Time series is the new black [allthingsdistributed.com]
An interesting story of how AWS Timestream came to be – from the complex workaround architectures to implementation, data lifecycle, and query language!
>> On the Diverse And Fantastical Shapes of Testing [martinfowler.com]
On different interpretations of various testing levels: unit, integration, and end-to-end – insightful read!
Also worth reading:
- >> My first cup of Rust [blog.frankel.ch]
- >> Schrödinger's Code [queue.acm.org]
- >> What actually is a Data Mesh? And is it really a thing? [blog.scottlogic.com]
- >> Effective Bash scripting for software developers (Video) [blog.sebastian-daschner.com]
- >> How to integrate a containerized application with the Elastic Stack [advancedweb.hu]
- >> Axon Framework 102: Taking advantage of Metadata [blog.codecentric.de]
- >> My (Seemingly) Random Walk to Netflix [netflixtechblog.com]
And my favorite Dilberts of the week:
>> Pandemic Sales [dilbert.com]
>> Frequent Victims Club [dilbert.com]
>> Banning Political Discussions [dilbert.com]
4. Pick of the Week
>> “Stealth mode” and other f’ing brilliant strategies [asmartbear.com]