This Case Study follows a new author through the creation of a small web application with Spring from the ground up.
The app helps users manage their posting to Reddit by scheduling Posts, determining the best times to post, re-trying posts when they're not immediately performing well, etc.
Basic Setup and Operations
- Authenticating with Reddit OAuth2 and Spring Security
- Post a Link to the Reddit API
- Schedule Post to Reddit with Spring
- Decoupling Registration from Login in the Reddit App
- Entity To DTO Conversion for a Spring REST API
Advanced Use Cases
- Rate Limiting Access to the Reddit API
- Make It Easy to Schedule to Reddit
- Retry to Submit to Reddit a Post Without Enough Traction
- Displaying Dates in the Timezone of the User
- Testing the API of the Reddit App
- Adding Roles and Privileges To the Reddit App
- Preserve the History of Reddit Post Submissions