1. Spring and Java
>> 9 Outdated Ideas About Java [foojay.io]
We’re getting a new version of Java every six months, but 20-year-old myths still live on.
Another cool addition to the old Collections API.
>> How to map composite column types with Hibernate [thorben-janssen.com]
And mapping composite types with Hibernate can be more difficult than anticipated.
Also worth reading:
- >> WireMock Spring Boot Simplifies the WireMock Configuration for Spring Boot Applications [infoq.com]
- >> Exhaustive JUnit5 Testing with Combinations, Permutations and Products [foojay.io]
- >> JDK 20 and JDK 21: What We Know So Far [infoq.com]
- >> gRPC on the client side [blog.frankel.ch]
- >> Road to Quarkus 3: Improved Dev UI, Steps Towards Diataxis Documentation and Performance Bumps [infoq.com]
- >> How Gradle Works: Inside the Daemon [foojay.io]
- >> Intercepting REST Requests With Jakarta REST Request Filters [payara.fish]
- >> DevOps for Developers: Introduction & Version Control [foojay.io]
Webinars and presentations:
- >> How to Best Use Java Records as DTOs in Spring Boot 3 [foojay.io]
- >> Data-Oriented Programming in Java [youtube.com]
- >> A Bootiful Podcast: Google Cloud Java Advocate Aaron Wanjala [spring.io]
Time to upgrade:
- >> Spring Modulith 0.5 released [spring.io]
- >> Spring Cloud Data Flow 2.10.2 Released [spring.io]
- >> 3.18.0 Release with Support for more Diagnostics, SQL/JSON, Oracle Associative Arrays, Multi dimensional Arrays, R2DBC 1.0 [blog.jooq.org]
- >> Introducing Hilla 2.0: Reactive Endpoints, Native Image, Simplified Theming, SSO Kit, and More [infoq.com]
- >> Micronaut Framework 3.8.7 Released [micronaut.io]
- >> Helidon 2.6.0 Released [helidon.io]
2. Technical & Musings
>> Path to Production Mapping [hamvocke.com]
Getting to production can be a bumpy ride – it’s a really good idea to have a plan.
>> Memory, Pages, mmap, and Linear Address Spaces [pointersgonewild.com]
And a good reminder of how things work internally.
Also worth reading:
- >> How the Micronaut team leverages Gradle’s version catalogs for improved developer productivity [melix.github.io]
- >> To Infinity and Beyond, with Cloudflare Cache Reserve [troyhunt.com]
- >> Eclipse Adoptium: A 2022 Retrospective and a Look Towards the Future [infoq.com]
- >> Authenticate with OpenID Connect and Apache APISIX [foojay.io]
- >> NTS: Reliable Device Testing at Scale [netflixtechblog.com]
- >> The best way to use SQL NOWAIT [vladmihalcea.com]
- >> How to handle multiple commands in the same transaction [event-driven.io]
3. Pick of the Week
A first time for everything – I’m picking our open roles, in case you’re interested, this week: