1. Spring and Java
>> Sip of Java – Serialization Filters [inside.java]
Having more control on deserializing incoming data – solving security and obscurity issues of Java serialization in Java 17.
>> Kotlin and FaaS, an impossible union? [blog.frankel.ch]
The problem with cold starts, JVM, and FaaS: proposing a few alternatives if you still insist to use Kotlin in the FaaS world. An interesting read.
>> Faster Charset Encoding? [cl4es.github.io]
A technically deep article on how, after a few trials and errors, the speed of charset encoding increased in Java.
Also worth reading:
- >> Java SE 7 End of Extended Support in July 2022 [blogs.oracle.com]
- >> JEP 408: Simple Web Server [openjdk.java.net]
- >> Spring Data JDBC – How do I implement caching? [spring.io]
- >> Testing in a Modular World [info.michael-simons.eu]
- >> MicroProfile Reactive Messaging 2.0 in WildFly 25 [wildfly.org]
Webinars and presentations:
- >> A Bootiful Podcast: .NET legend LaylaCodesIT on Azure Spring Cloud, Steeltoe.NET, and more [spring.io]
- >> Java 17… more videos, UTF-8 by default in Java 18, Dev.java – Inside Java Newscast #13 [youtube.com]
Time to upgrade:
- >> Spring Framework 5.3.11 and 5.2.18 available now [spring.io]
- >> Grails Framework 5 GA Is Released [grails.org]
- >> Micronaut Framework 3.1 Released [micronaut.io]
- >> Spring Data 2021.1 enters RC phase [spring.io]
- >> Spring Data 2021.0.6 and 2020.0.14 released [spring.io]
- >> Elasticsearch 7.15.1 [elastic.co]
- >> IntelliJ IDEA 2021.2.3 is Available [blog.jetbrains.com]
- >> Hibernate Search 6.0.7.Final, 5.11.10.Final and 5.10.12.Final released [in.relation.to]
2. Technical & Musings
>> Data pipeline asset management with Dataflow [netflixtechblog.medium.com]
Meet Dataflow: how workflow management is done at Netflix's scale by its data engineers!
>> Use KPNG to Write Specialized kube-proxiers [kubernetes.io]
Beyond iptable-based proxies in K8S: an interesting article on how to use custom proxies instead of built-in ones.
Also worth reading:
- >> Efficiently loading massive D3 datasets using Apache Arrow [blog.scottlogic.com]
- >> Revisiting BetterTLS: Certificate Path Building [netflixtechblog.com]
- >> Getting Started with VMware Tanzu Community Edition [tanzu.vmware.com]
- >> What is AWS AppSync [advancedweb.hu]
And my favorite Dilberts of the week:
>> Feeling Lonely [dilbert.com]
>> Sunday Creative Ideas [dilbert.com]
>> Progress Report [dilbert.com]
4. Pick of the Week
>> Your idea sucks, now go do it anyway [blog.asmartbear.com]