Learn Spring Course FAQ

Access never goes away. Once you’re enrolled in the course – you have access to it indefinitely. It doesn’t expire, there is no time limit, and you can revisit the lessons as much as you like. The platform will keep track of your progress as you finish each module so you can pick up where you left off at any time.

Yes, of course, I handle support myself, directly over email. You can (and should) always reach out and ask.

That’s absolutely fine, of course. If the material doesn’t work for you, definitely get in touch within 20 days and you’ll get a full refund for any single course package.

Definitely – it makes no sense buying a course without going through a few lessons and making sure it’s a good fit.

There are several open lessons in the course – you can simply go back to the course page and search for the word “preview” there.

The certification class contains the same material as the Master Class and goes beyond it with:

  • The Certificate of Completion (an example Certificate is linked from another question here)
  • The new, multiple-choice questions in each lesson and
  • The download ability for all video lessons – to help you learn offline

Yes, of course; that’s how I always structure my courses. I keep the material up-to-date, and all existing students get access to it.

Yes, definitely. We’re going to be building a couple of applications during the course, and the code will be available on GitHub.

Boot is not required, as the course is designed to be beginner-friendly.

In fact, that’s one of the things that you’ll learn from the course.

Most students have English as a secondary language, so we created word-for-word transcriptions and captions for all lessons in the course.

The code backing all lessons uses Spring 6 and Spring Boot 3

Of course, you’ll find instructions to upgrade inside the course.

You can also request an upgrade here.

Here’s an example of the Certificate of Completion.

Note that this sample is at a lower resolution – the full high-fidelity certificate is much larger, so that it can be printed.

Sure – there are team licenses available for the course.

Simply put, you can use any IDE that supports Maven.

More than half of the students are using IntelliJ and the others are mostly using Eclipse.

I present the material with a very minimal use of any specific IDE features, exactly so that everyone can use their favorite IDE 🙂

That’s a great question.

I’m structuring the material to directly help with the latest Core V5 certification, yes.

The video lessons will cover about 80% of what you need to take the exam, with the remaining 20% carefully covered by written material.

Yes – I created this course exactly to be an entry-point into the Spring framework and into Boot. If you’re just starting out with Spring or want to focus on the fundamentals, this is the right course to start with, before looking at the other Spring courses available.

Sure. Building an API with Spring is a large and technical topic, so the course page is quite large as well. If you’re managing a team, or want to send a quicker read to someone, here’s what you can point to.

The course material is entirely self-paced – you can go through it when you need to, and as many times as you need to.

A lot of students don’t – and the material is structured so that you won’t have to.

You can jump into any lesson, learn what you need to move your implementation forward, and jump back out. And that’s exactly how many of the students are using the course.

On the course page, you’ll find the total number of hours of video in the course (just look for the word “Hours”). As a general suggestion, I recommend putting aside double that to go through the material from start to finish.
That being said, definitely have a look at the previous question – that explains that you actually don’t necessarily have to go start-to-finish.