After reading the enthusiastic Join me at GeeCON article I was inspired to do a quick writeup about the conferences that are coming up in the month of May.
Both of these are fantastic events with a lot of cool talks. But, beyond the talks, it’s the hallway track that I’m psyched about even more. Reading about “the community” in general simply doesn’t compare to being in a room with so many passionate developers.
So, if you’re planning to attend – and I definitely recommend you do – grab me and say hi.
Now, here are the talks I’m most excited about – first, from GeeCON:
– Cloud Native Java
– MDD: Metrics Driven Development
– Microservices. Stairway to heaven or highway to hell?
– Microservices tracing with Spring Cloud and Zipkin
– Beyond lambdas – the aftermath
– Creating Jenkins pipelines with groovy-based DSL
– Take me on a journey – the next step in automated testing practices
– Building multiplayer game using Reactive Streams
– How to Think, in RxJava, Before Reacting
– Twelve BDD Antipatterns – stories from the trenches about how NOT to do BDD
– Every millisecond counts
– Better living through pull requests
And from SpringIO:
– From Spring Framework 4.3 to 5.0
– Designing Applications: The Reactive Way
– 10 ways to get super-productive with Spring Boot
– JUnit 5 – Shaping the Future of Testing on the JVM
– Understanding Microservice Performance
– Testing Spring Boot Applications
– What’s new in Spring Data?
– From Imperative To Reactive
– Test-driven documentation with Spring REST Docs
– Extending Spring Data
– Securing RESTful services with Spring HATEOAS and HDIV
A lot of cool stuff that’s going to have an impact over the work I’m going to be doing in 2016.
And of course I’m excited about my own presentations, so definitely join me for that as well.
Yeah, May is going to be fun.