1. Spring and Java
>> Complete Guide to Spring RestTemplate [reflectoring.io]
A quick but comprehensive guide showcasing the full power of RestTemplate in Spring.
>> Keyset Pagination with Spring [vladmihalcea.com]
A nice trick that allows achieving better performance when paginating large result sets.
Also worth reading:
- >> Java: Creating Terabyte Sized Queues with Low-Latency [minborgsjavapot.com]
- >> Concurrent LinkedHashSet [javaspecialists.eu]
- >> Distributed Unique Time Stamp Identifiers [vanillajava.blog]
- >> Vault on Kubernetes with Spring Cloud [piotrminkowski.com]
- >> Cloud Bigtable – Write and Retrieval [java-allandsundry.com]
- >> Making Your RestTemplate Fault Tolerant With Resilience4J [arnoldgalovics.com]
- >> Hibernate Performance Tuning Tips – 2022 Edition [thorben-janssen.com]
Webinars and presentations:
- >> A Bootiful Podcast: Geertjan Wielenga, senior director of opensource projects at Azul Systems and Foojay.io founder [spring.io]
Time to upgrade:
- >> IntelliJ IDEA 2021.3.1 Is Here! [blog.jetbrains.com]
- >> JHipster release v7.5.0 [jhipster.tech]
- >> JReleaser 0.10.0 has been released! [andresalmiray.com]
- >> Micronaut 3.2.4 Release [github.com]
- >> Hibernate Search 6.0.8.Final released [in.relation.to]
2. Technical and Musings
>> Updating The Single Most Influential Book of the BASIC Era [blog.codinghorror.com]
Nostalgia strikes back and forms a community effort to update an iconic BASIC book. Amazing!
Protobuf with Kotlin bindings? That’s a definitely nice one to see!
>> Problem-driven design (2021) [abdullin.com]
DDD works great with established and stable domains… but what to do if it’s not the case in your project?
Also worth reading:
- >> AppSync Cognito directives [advancedweb.hu]
- >> New Live Stream: HTTP Client – Secret Weapon for Web Service Testing [blog.jetbrains.com]
- >> The Coffee Club #6: Starting and Maintaining New Habits [blog.jetbrains.com]
And my favorite Dilberts of the week:
>> Plastic Packaging [dilbert.com]
>> Honest Men [dilbert.com]
>> Product Compliant [dilbert.com]